Data Protection Notice
The Personal Data Protection Act 2012 has come into force in Singapore to regulate the processing of personal data in commercial transactions. At HENRY GOH, we will always treat your data in confidence and with respect; regardless whether you are an individual or a company. As part of our continuing commitment to you, we wish to notify you of your personal data that is being processed by us and the purposes for such data processing.
Nature of Personal Data
In the course of acting for you, HENRY GOH is likely to collect or receive personal data or information about you or your business. Although the precise details of personal data collected will vary according to specific purposes, in the normal course of our professional work, we will collect and process the following basic personal data or contact information about you; including but not limited to:
- Company Name
- Telephone Number
- Fax Number
Purpose of Collection
HENRY GOH needs to collect and process your personal data in order to effectively provide our services and to carry out instructions you have given us. Data is collected, used and otherwise processed by us and/or our associates that provide related services in connection with our business, for the purposes of:
- Carrying out your instructions
- Communicating with you
- Responding to your inquiries
- Managing your accounts with us
- Maintaining and updating internal records
- Meeting any legal or statutory requirements, including requirements set by the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS), intellectual property offices in other jurisdictions and/or other government offices.
- Providing you with law and practice updates, company announcements, newsletters, invitations to events and the like that we believe may be of interest and relevance.
- Any other work matters on which you engage us and for which such data is necessary.
If required for the fulfillment of any of the foregoing purposes, your personal data may be disclosed to our service providers; who may be located within or outside of Singapore. HENRY GOH wishes to assure you that other than for any legitimate purposes, we will not share, sell, rent, trade and/or disclose your personal data to any unauthorized third party, unless your consent has been obtained.
By disclosing your personal data to us, you are consenting to the collection and processing of the data for the purposes stated herein. The Act grants you certain rights to make written inquiries to access, update, correct, or limit the processing of your personal data by submitting such a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. An administrative fee may be applicable for access requests.
HENRY GOH reserves the right to review or amend this Notice at any time and will communicate such changes on our website at www.henrygoh.com.sg.
HENRY GOH (S) PTE LTD